Tuesday, July 24, 2007

bastille

It has been a little while.

I missed the Fucked Up show, due to a showing of Hairspray. Which has inspired me to take up swing dancing upon my return to London. You should make your way to the cinema for it, for some actual decent musical film fun. I usually really dislike musicals so this is a large anomaly.
I am quite sad about missing Fucked Up though, really really really an amazing hardcore band. 'Generation' is an instant classic.

Alright so on the under the radar topic, have you heard Hindi Zahra? Female vocalist from Paris who isn't trying to be Beyonce/Bjork/Gwen Stefani.

Apparently she's the only one.
I have loved her song 'Beautiful Stranger' for quite some time and some how, and I don't get why, she's still unsigned...

Not so under the radar as jostling airwaves in America Boys Like Girls. They are pretty much the All American Rejects delivering songs to a post Fall Out Boy audience. Basically, if this gets decent exposure in England they will be HUGE there.

Who's working/putting it out there? I have no clue. Someone should. 'The Great Escape' is a HUGE radio hit in the waiting.

No comments: