Wednesday, June 10, 2009

trunk show.





All of the above on display at the Tate Modern.

So now that I'm in London again for a consistent period of time I'm going to try and bring some other interests of mine into the blog. Namely, art and great food. Now I'm not going to try and act like any sort of authority on anything, but I do have a habit of going to a significant amount of exhibitions and eateries and thought it might be nice to suggest some of the good ones sporadically here and there.

Today I recommend the Design Museum. I went to the Super Contemporary Exhibition this morning and spent four hours reading, playing, looking and learning. I usually have a gallery absorption speed of thirty minutes max, so feel the amount of time I spent in this exhibition reflects well on the content. You'll learn so much about London- architecturally, historically, in regards to fashion, art and music- all in a wonderfully curated space. Not to mention, the area where the gallery is located, Shad Thames is a wonderland (one which I had never been to before) which is but a fifteen minute walk from London Bridge. Views of the Tower of London, Victorian canals hidden away, gorgeous cafes, cobbled streets, floating gardens, tiny bridges and old boats...it was utterly delightful. 

My intention is to sprinkle this blog with some places where you may not have been, be that I aimlessly walk around town so often, and have done for the past twenty one odd years. So look out for notes of galleries, fairs, bookstores, cafes, museums, restaurants, shops and events. Oh, and of course music...

Be sure to check out this on Sunday and these over the course of the next few months (gin making classes! riverside singalongs! balls!), I'm sure I'll be seeing you around.

No comments: